This summer I am working on a book of Canterbury in conjunction with Demezla Childrens Hospice.
It should be on sale in all the major local retailers by the autumn (including Waterstones and the Cathedral), and 100% of the profits from the book sales will be going to Demelza.
Canterbury Squared is a unique piece of artwork that is being produced right on your doorstep. This project is a new way of looking Canterbury which captures details that most of us simply ignore. Each street in Canterbury will be represented by a set of squares of abstract patterns, textures and colours in a 3x3 grid.
Alone the squares are meaningless, but together they should represent the street in a way that feels familiar and ‘right’ to people who know those streets well.
We need your help to fund the creation of the book - I am putting in a lot of my own time and money but I cannot cover the entire cost alone. In exchange for sponsorship we (Demelza and myself) can offer a fairly high level of local exposure, depending on sponsorship level.
I would welcome the opportunity to talk to local businesses either in person or over the phone to talk more about this project - both how they can help me and how I can help them. More info is below but please feel free to email me at email@example.com or call on 01227 785022.
Some additional high-level details:
- I'm looking for pledges of sponsorship during June / July
- I will probably be sending invoices out for the sponsorship in July for payment in August (I'm not going to be asking for any payments until I know I've got the project sufficiently funded)
- The photography and book design will be done in August / September
- There will be a drinks reception / book launch at the Marlowe for corporate sponsors, which will basically be a networking event with free drinks. I'm planning to have this in the early evening eg 5:30pm-8pm so people can come straight from the office
- The book launch (and drinks reception) should be in October
£100 - 'Sponsor'
You will get:
- A signed, first edition copy of the book or a framed print of a street of your choice
- You logo on the sponsors page of the book
- An invite to the drinks reception
£500 - 'Major Sponsor'
Limited to one per profession and one per street (see below) - you will get:
- All of the above, plus;
- Logo and thanks on ‘Canterbury Squared’ and Demelza Hospice social media marketing via Twitter and Facebook (a combination of 20,000 followers and growing)
- Opportunity to have promotional items / marketing material at the drinks reception (hence one per profession – we can’t have two accountants with marketing at the same event)
- An art installation for you reception / office / shop / restaurant / etc of your chosen street or landmark, printed on aluminium board - these pieces will be unique pieces so one per street will be available
- Your company logo will feature on the ‘major sponsors’ page in the project book (there will be less of these on the page so each will be more prominent).
B2B businesses will probably get more out of the drinks reception, B2C businesses will probably get more out of the social media exposure, but all exposure is good when in association with a great local charity like Demelza.
£1000 - 'Main Sponsor'
One available for the whole project - you will get: SOLD OUT, SORRY
- All of the above, plus;
- Your logo on the front cover of the book
- You will get a full page company bio in the book
- Your logo will feature on all 6x4 postcards (sold to the public through a parallel kickstarter project)
- Upgrade to art installation on wooden board